President Joe Biden arrived in Uvalde, Texas today to pay his respects to the victims of the latest school shooting that didn’t have to happen. This time, 19 grade school students and two teachers died. There will be a next time; Republicans in and out of Texas quickly responded to the murders with the precise same talking points that were used all of the last times around while vowing to block any restrictions on the “right” of eighteen year olds with violent histories to own weapons designed for mass murder.
Some of what you may have missed this weekend:
- Biden visits Uvalde while GOP repeats talking points: Defend AR-15s, blame lacking ‘moral values’
- Time to put to rest the failed ‘good guys with guns’ myth perpetrated on the American people
- Kids who survived the Uvalde, Texas, mass shooting share their stories
- The student loan crisis was caused by a pile of problems. It requires more than one solution
- Three women left to die in ‘sweltering’ heat of apartment complex, attorney says
Powered by WPeMatico