In the news today: New York and national Democrats are demanding the resignation of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo after an independent investigation concluded that Cuomo engaged in a pattern of sexual harassment, including abusive and retaliatory behavior. A watchdog group alleges that federal immigration officials have deported as many as 70 American citizens in recent years. Another senator is in self-quarantine for a COVID-19 infection. In the House, the ever-odious Jim Jordan continues to prove that he’s willing to cover up anything, and that he’s really, really not good at it.
Here’s some of what you may have missed:
• Independent investigation finds New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is a sexually harassing, abusive creep
• Watchdog says ICE may have deported up to 70 U.S. citizens, arrested hundreds more in recent years
• COVID-19 hits Senate, potentially complicating already fraught infrastructure work
• Jim Jordan is extremely ‘pay no attention to the man behind the curtain’ about Jan. 6
• Elections expert Rich Hasen: ‘I’m scared shitless’ about Republican plans to subvert elections
• Team Trump sabotaged years of climate change preparation, and we won’t be getting those years back
Trending from the community:
• I used to be a gymnast. I got the ‘twisties,’ too
• VAERS: What is it, and why do anti-vaxxers love it?
• Climate Brief: ‘Something’s happening here’
Powered by WPeMatico