It’s Friday everybody! A lot of Jan. 6 insurrectionist news is coming down the pipe this week. We have Marjorie Taylor Greene and her fellow white supremacist-leaning Proud Boys. Did you know that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is not simply a nightmare person, but a racist nightmare person? You did? Well, that’s still true! We have a messaging problem in the Democratic Party. Part of that issue is traditional news outlets have always leaned conservative—even if today’s MAGA conservative leans almost entirely fascist. The other part is that there are still many Democratic officials who mistake “going high” for not relentlessly calling out how horrendous GOP leadership actually is.
House Minority Kevin McCarthy is still one of the country’s top five dirtbags! And while he isn’t in the news as much—by design—Sen. Minority Dirtbag Mitch McConnell remains atop that list forever.
Here is some of what you may have missed.
- Awkward recording of Kevin McCarthy emerges hours after his denial. What else do reporters have?
- Just 3 in 10 voters know the U.S. created more jobs than it lost last year
- DeSantis’ new gerrymandered congressional map erases Black district and vastly inflates GOP edge
- POC students call for racist University of Pennsylvania professor Amy Wax to be held accountable
- Biden to request more Ukraine aid when Congress gets back next week
- Mark Meadows is registered to vote in how many states? Three and counting, apparently
- This video of Marjorie Taylor Greene getting busted for lying in court is a must-see MAGA moment
- Who’s the biggest loser: Mitch or Kev?
- Florida releases examples of banned math textbooks that include lessons in … empathy?
- Utah media shows D.C. press how it’s done in holding Mike Lee accountable for 2020 election plotting
- With forest protection executive order, conservation groups finally feel heard by President Biden
- When you talk about inflation, definitely talk about corporate profits
And from the community:
- Babylon, Samarra, and other ancient wonders in Iraq are being destroyed by climate change
- Wisconsinites voted on April 5. Turnout went up by 86%. Expect that this fall, races will be close.
Powered by WPeMatico