The week ends with a busy day of news that includes Republicans—the keepers of the pro-life flame—wanting to starve immigrant babies, a MAGA candidate on steroids that is surging in Pennsylvania’s Republican senate primary, Mitch McConnell continuing to pretend that gutting Roe v. Wade isn’t a political problem, Elon Musk playing his stock-manipulating games over his potential purchase of Twitter, and Jen Psaki holding her final White House press briefing.
Here is some of what you might have missed:
- Republicans demand Biden respond to the formula shortage by starving migrant babies
- GOP worries ‘mystery person’ Kathy Barnette may just win Pennsylvania Republican primary
- McConnell declares fall of Roe a ‘wash’ in the midterms as abortion upends political landscape
- Elon Musk tweets that his purchase of Twitter is ‘temporarily on hold,’ then backtracks
- And that’s a wrap—Jen Psaki delivers final White House press briefing
- GOP officials in Philadelphia ousted after ‘ballot harvesting’ scheme uncovered
- Enforcement of radical GOP abortion bans will be a political disaster in swing states, districts
- Georgia elections official allowed Big Lie conspiracy theorist to probe Coffee County voting machine
- Texas Supreme Court allows abuse investigations into supportive families to resume, but will they?
- Youth shouldn’t have to miss class to protest for basic rights, but thanks to Republicans, they are
- After saying Biden was ‘best’ person to lead us post-Trump, Lindsey Graham grovels his way to safety
From the community:
The Book Ban Club!
Powered by WPeMatico