The week began after another weekend of mass shootings and with Senate Republicans successfully jerking Senate Democrats around on gun legislation. The House select committee investigating January 6 is getting ready for televised hearings into the attack on Congress by a mob of Trump supporters, but do we really think the people at the top will be held truly accountable?
Then there was the steady flow of ugliness and bigotry coming from Republican politicians around the country, be it Donald Trump’s endorsee for Arizona Senate having said, in April, that “Black people” are responsible for gun violence, or the Maryland school board candidate who checked out LGBTQ-themed library books to keep kids from reading them during Pride.
But there were a few bright spots. Like President Joe Biden’s use of the Defense Production Act to promote clean energy. Or seditious conspiracy charges for several Proud Boys. Or a Latina-led media group moving to buy 18 radio stations that could reach 20 million Latinos. We have to take what we can get, these days.
- Proud Boys leader, 4 lieutenants face seditious conspiracy charges over insurrection involvement
- With Defense Production Act authorizations, Biden proves he’s serious about U.S. clean energy
- Latina-led media group acquires 18 radio stations, including ‘ultraconservative’ Miami outlet
- Senate candidate Blake Masters claims it’s ‘Black people’ responsible for U.S. gun violence
- A weekend of gun rampages across the nation are a reminder that this could be prevented
- 70% of Severodonetsk is back under the control of Ukraine, heavy fighting continues
And coming up later this week, The wait is over—the January 6 committee launches public hearings this week, details inside.
Powered by WPeMatico