Welcome back to another Friday! Remember how all of those children and all of those Black folks were murdered with legal high-powered weapons over the past couple of weeks? Remember how the Republican Party jumped past thoughts and prayers and into saying everything is political and something about how we didn’t ban planes after 9/11? Those Senate Republicans are now scuttling the compromised gun safety bill that they agreed to. Yes. It didn’t even take months for them to drop the charade that they care one iota about American children or doing anything to stem the public health crisis of gun violence almost exclusively experienced by Americans.
Not to be one-upped by his political party, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis made it even clearer how anti-science and anti-children’s health he was this week. He declared that young children and parents will have fewer resources available to them to make decisions about their health.
The Jan. 6 committee has continued its work to expose the conspiracy to overthrow our government by tossing out millions of Americans’ votes. Will the Department of Justice act? That remains to be seen, but the evidence is piling up.
Here are some of the stories you might have missed:
- Ten Republicans, led by Cornyn, renege on the gun safety agreement they made with Democrats
- Most Americans say gun violence is a ‘crisis’ as support for stricter gun laws grows
- DOJ wants details on Proud Boys interviews from House panel, but Jan. 6 committee won’t give them up
- ‘Free speech absolutist’ Elon Musk fires employees for writing letter criticizing Elon Musk
- ICE gives immigrants ‘no fighting chance’ to win their freedom, report on access to legal help says
- California councilman attacked in possible hate crime while visiting national park
- Ron DeSantis declares that he is ‘affirmatively against’ saving children’s lives
- All whisper of the Big Lie and ‘fraud’ dies away when a MAGA candidate wins
- GOP candidate caught saying Black people were kept ‘hungry and dumb’ by Democratic party
From the Earth:
- Earth Matters: Delay is denial whoever’s doing it; drilling permit lawsuit; nine new national trails
From the community:
Powered by WPeMatico