Welcome to Thursday. The GOP continues moving forward with its only policy platform: taking away Americans’ rights. In the case of LGBTQ+ Americans, they are doing this by way of attacking children. Because the only “life” they are “pro” is contained to just the gestation period of fetuses, they are also proceeding with their policy of taking away more than 50% of our population’s rights to bodily autonomy. But don’t worry, after that baby is popped out, they too will have no rights! The good news here, and we use that term loosely, is that people are focusing their political organizing around the more-real-than-ever threat to democracy that these moves define.
As for action, the Democratic Party is having a hard time chewing bubble gum and walking at the same time, and this is frustrating, to say the least. While important subpoenas were finally sent out to suspected insurrectionists in office, we are still dropping the ball when it comes to the continuing human rights violations represented by Stephen Miller’s abhorrent immigration policies. This is all happening while millions of Americans continue to feel the stress of an increasing gap between the haves and the have-nots, with no federal relief in sight.
Here is some of what you might have missed:
- Jan. 6 panel subpoenas five GOP members of Congress, including Kevin McCarthy
- Accused insurrectionist known as Baked Alaska ‘blows up’ his own plea deal in court, blames God
- Study finds that AAPI community members have changed their ‘daily routine’ out of fear of violence
- ‘Traumatic and violent’: Haaland’s investigation finds 53 ‘burial sites’ of Native American children
- Leaked Alito opinion sparks massive mobilization among Black voters, orgs, and candidates
- Green card holder is facing deportation even after a court overturned her conviction
- Another Don’t Say Gay bill is in the works, thanks to Republicans
- Ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage are bad enough. Abortion bans make them worse
From the community:
- NSAIDs may turn acute pain chronic, researchers find
- Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman Gives Amazing Speech on Roe v. Wade
And if you want to do something:
Powered by WPeMatico