The weekend was stuffed with new Republican excuses for why a FBI search of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort that found multiple secret, top secret, and confidential government security documents was either of no major significance or another instance of investigators being mean to Trump, but none of the excuses square with what we already know.
Meanwhile, the Republican Party’s campaign of demonization against the FBI continues to result in threats to those they’re targeting. Armed militia members, including supporters of violent insurrection, appeared at a Phoenix, Arizona FBI office this weekend; this, after one pro-coup Trump supporter attacked an FBI office in Ohio.
Here’s some of what you may have missed:
- Trump took classified docs and tried to hide them from investigators. His excuses don’t hold water
- The Republican response to Trump’s crimes: Erase that law, purge the FBI, and fire Garland
- ‘We will not stand by and we will not stand down’: Armed Trump backers protest at Phoenix FBI office
- Top House Democrats ask for review to determine ‘national security damage’ done by Trump
- The complete guide to every excuse Republicans have made for Trump’s theft of classified documents
Powered by WPeMatico