In the news today: A busy day in pandemic news, but special attention should go to the anti-mask parents of Williamson County, Tennessee, for issuing threats to health care workers trying to protect their kids from dying. That’s Williamson County, Tennessee. Make a note of it.
In other news, this new pandemic surge continues to target children—because children are the largest group still unvaccinated. Another Republican lawmaker got suspended from social media for spouting pandemic misinformation and, yeah, it’s Rand Paul. And Texas Republicans issue arrest warrants for statehouse Democrats still refusing to play along with Republican voter suppression attempts.
• The Daily Kos Elections guide to how redistricting will unfold in all 50 states
Here’s some of what you may have missed:
• Now the House gets say on infrastructure; Sinema, Manchin have to play nice or face massive failure
• COVID-19 deaths have been extremely rare among children, unfortunately that’s no longer true
• Tennessee county passes mask mandate for schools, parents choose violence: ‘We will find you’
• Sen. Rand Paul suspended from YouTube after uploading truly ignorant anti-science statements
• Americans aren’t furious with the unvaccinated. They’re furious at the willfully irresponsible
• Texas Republicans move to arrest statehouse Democrats thwarting their voter suppression schemes
• The Daily Bucket: KELP! SAVE US! The Planet Needs to Rescue Kelp to Combat Climate Change
Also trending from the community:
• Vladimir Putin shows Texas Republicans how it’s done, orders revisions to Russian history
• Enough is known. Vaccinate our children NOW