House Speaker Nancy Pelosi led a small congressional delegation to Ukraine on Saturday, the details of which were not publicized until she had again left the country. Pelosi, Rep. Adam Schiff and others met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in yet another show of support towards Ukrainians currently fighting for their nation’s continued existence.
The situation on the ground remains as it was; few Russian gains, but continued Russian atrocities. Details of what is happening to the Ukrainians forcibly “relocated” to Russia suggest Putin’s plan is to depopulate Ukraine of its citizens, scattering them throughout Russia, in a move meant to erase Ukraine’s own cultural identity and replace it with a more Russian version.
The eagerness of Putin and his government to engage in such war crimes is a primary reason the United States and NATO allies are now sending weapons and ammunition shipments to Ukraine in ever-increasing numbers. Ukraine has shown it can defend itself, and Putin and his associated oligarchs have shown themselves to be unfit leaders by every possible measure.
Some of this weekend’s news:
- ‘Filtration camp’ may be the most disgusting euphemism
- To mobilize or not—Putin’s lose-lose choice
- Nancy Pelosi led congressional delegation to Kyiv, met with Zelenskyy
- Russia is stuck, and they can’t even blame it on the mud
- since WW II
- Russia using ‘depleted & disparate’ units, still can’t coordinate forces
- Dept. of Defense acknowledges that logistics are limiting Russian advances
- To execute a different strategy, Russia needs a different army
Powered by WPeMatico