The apparent Ukrainian strike against a Russian military base in occupied Crimea may turn out to be one of the most consequential of the war to date; video and satellite images taken after the blast show widespread damage, including the likely destruction of at least nine Russian warplanes. The blast, far from the frontlines, significantly dents Russian airpower in southern Ukraine—and Ukraine is being coy about how, exactly, they might have done it.
The rest of the news day was again dominated by speculation over just how much trouble Donald Trump might have gotten himself into, with the FBI taking it upon themselves to haul classified documents out of his Mar-a-Lago compound by court order.
Here’s some of what you may have missed:
- What do you say when you know the feds have the goods? Trumpland says, ‘planted evidence’
- Trump pleads Fifth Amendment in New York civil probe of Trump Organization
- Scott Perry, Trump’s Pennsylvania darling, has phone seized by FBI
- Iowa man charged with assault after plowing through reproductive rights protesters
- Biden signs bill to help veterans exposed to toxic burn pits
Powered by WPeMatico