It is Friday times. The week has been filled with highlights and lowlights, and all of those lights concern an attack on our centuries-old experiment in the concept of representative democracy. The Jan. 6 committee hearings this week saw former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows’ top aide, Cassidy Hutchinson, testify about how fully onboard everybody was with disrupting our country’s democratic processes. She also touched on how Donald Trump throws things when he’s being petulant. The Supreme Court made it clear that the radical-right control of the Court means a return to an archaic theocratic concept of human rights that basically only includes white male landowners. More specifically, male landowners who follow a very cultist form of Christianity that the Founding Fathers would have stuck on a boat and sent back to Europe if they were alive today.
Here is some of what you might have missed:
- Intimidating messages shown in last Jan. 6 hearing were directed at Cassidy Hutchinson
- Biden has to renege on his deal with McConnell to save his presidency
- Advocates applaud Remain in Mexico ruling, urge president to end policy ‘once and for all’
- It’s time to break the glass on the five-alarm fire that is the U.S. Supreme Court
- Rather than dismiss Ocasio-Cortez’s ideas to save our democracy, Democrats should listen
- Children’s book pulled from Pride Month library display after one parent complained about it
- After Roe falls, generic ballot moves toward Democrats as independents sour on Republicans
From the Community:
- Beto Is Within Striking Distance In Texas, But It’s The Gun Poll Numbers You Have To See To Believe!
- The Supreme Court is Now an Autocratic Junta
Powered by WPeMatico