Today saw news of significant new Ukrainian counterattacks against Russian forces. Northwest of Kyiv, a Ukrainian offensive appears to have retaken Makariv, with additional Ukrainian attacks northward potentially endangering the long Russian supply lines that feed the Russian artillery lines threatening Kyiv. Ukraine also appears to be having some success dislodging Russian forces around Kherson in the south.
This doesn’t necessarily mean those successes will continue. The ability of Ukrainian territorial defenders to continue inflicting such consequential damage on Russian forces this late into Russia’s invasion, however, remains astonishing.
Here’s some of today’s news:
- Ukraine is on the counter-offensive, attacking Russia’s entire NW Kyiv front
- Let’s look at the Donbas front, the only place Russia has had some success
- Ukraine’s most reliable source of new armor? Russian supply lines
- Ukraine update: Good news, Russia can’t win! Bad news, neither can Ukraine
- The war blunders on, but American media is having trouble keeping up
Tuesday, Mar 22, 2022 · 3:53:51 AM +00:00
In Ukraine’s flat east, rivers are the best friends Ukraine has.
Powered by WPeMatico