What was predicted to be a swift Russian victory continues now as day-by-day slog as Russian forces continue to “shore up” or “regroup” for further incursions while Ukrainian defenders pick at supply lines and hold off Russian attempts to capture new ground.
The Russian “strategy” of shelling urban centers in an apparent attempt to level what they cannot militarily capture, however, continues. And the civilian death toll is rising rapidly.
Some of today’s Ukraine news:
- Another day, another Russian battlefield stalemate
- Russia tries to slow international weapons deliveries, but it’s not likely to work
- American journalist killed when Russian troops open fire
- ‘To bring home to us the terrible reality and earnestness of war’
- The obscure ‘Russian Christian Fascist’ philosopher motivating Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine
Powered by WPeMatico